|Q1||The Wearable Medical Monitor is not turning ON?|
|Ans.||1. Check if the battery is inserted properly.|
2. ‘Green LED’ should start blinking, if not.
3. Insert the spare battery into the Wearable Medical Monitor and check again for blinking ‘Green LED’, if not.
4. Insert the battery into the charging dock provided.
5. Try inserting the battery again, once the battery is fully charged.
|Q2||The Smart phone is not turning ON?|
|Ans.||1. Plug the smart phone using its dedicated charger into a wall socket.|
2. Try turning it ON once the battery is fully charged.
|Q3||Where do I find the login information for the Elastic Care application?|
|Ans.||1. The confirmation email received by the contact email mentioned on the order Form B will have the corresponding Login ID and password for the smart phone. |
2. Use this information to login into the Elastic Care application.
|Q4||How do I know that the system is functioning properly?|
|Ans.||Once you click ‘Start’ (to start monitoring) on the dashboard of the Elastic Care application: |
1. The system status should show ‘Connected’ on the dashboard.
2. There should be no notifications indicated on the dashboard.
3. The status LED on Wearable Medical Monitor should be green.
Then the system is functioning properly.
|Q5||The status LED on the Wearable Medical Monitor is blinking ‘amber’|
|Ans.||1. The status LED can blink ‘amber’ due to various notifications. |
2. Check the Elastic Care application dashboard for a red notification icon.
3. Click on the icon to identify the notification.
4. For, ECG Lead Disconnected Troubleshooting (TS 3)
ECG Cable Disconnected Troubleshooting (TS 4)
Battery Low Troubleshooting(TS 5)
|Q6||The ‘Blue’ status LED on the Wearable Medical Monitor is not blinking and a Disconnected notification is seen on the Smart phone|
|Ans.||1. The status LED blinks ‘blue’ when the Bluetooth connection is established between the Wearable Medical Monitor and the Smart phone. |
2. If the Blue LED is not blinking and a Disconnected notification is seen bring the smart phone closer to the Wearable Medical Monitor.
3. The Smart phone will automatically connect and ‘Blue’ LED starts blinking on the Wearable Medical Monitor, with a Connected notification.
|Q7||The Wearable Medical Monitor is vibrating.|
|Ans.||1. Wearable Medical Monitor vibrates to notify the patient that everything is not ok.|
2. The patient should notify this to the floor nurse.
3. The nurse should check the notification on the Elastic Care application and use Troubleshooting section to solve the issues.
|Q8||How long can the Wearable Medical Monitor be worn continuously at one time?|
|Ans.||The Wearable Medical Monitor has to be maintained every 24 hours during continuous use, it is not intended to be worn longer than 24 hours. Refer 3.1 Maintenance (Link to the user manual section) in the user manual for more information.|
|Q9||How can I access the patient’s physiological data?|
|Ans.||1. Patient reports will be sent to the email ID indicated on form B at a pre-specified frequency selected on Form B (Hourly, Daily or Weekly).|
2. If reports are required at any other time, contact Elastic Care center and refer to the order ID number.
|Q10||Can the Wearable Medical Monitor be used without the provided smart phone?|
|Ans.||1. No, the patient wearable works only in conjunction with the smart phone provided. |
2. It cannot function independently as a stand-alone device.
|Q11||Is there an emergency button on the device that the patient can use to alert someone?|
|Ans.||No, currently there is no emergency button (disabled on enclosure) in this version of the Wearable Medical Monitor. As this is intended only for use within the healthcare setting, the assumption is that a healthcare provider will be available at all times and there will be other mechanisms of alerting a nurse/caregiver subject to the healthcare settings.|
|Q12||Can the patient wear the Wearable Medical Monitor while taking a shower or sponge bath?|
|Ans.||No, Elastic Care Wearable Medical Monitor is not intended for use when taking a shower. For a sponge bath, if more frequent than 24 hours, please ensure that no water is touching the device, cables or electrodes.|
|Q13||Will an alert be sent if the patient’s vitals are abnormal?|
|Ans.||No, at this point no alerts are sent for out of bound vitals. Any out of bound parameters will be informed through the periodic clinical reports that are sent via email. Elastic Care system is intended as an adjunct monitoring system to any existing methods of patients monitoring as per the standard of care. It is advisable to use other methods if real-time alerts are required for the patient.|
|Q14||What should I do if the wearable medical monitor or smart phone is broken?|
|Ans.||1. Please refer to the troubleshooting section for a solution.|
2. If your situation is not covered in the troubleshooting, then please contact Elastic Care service center.
3. If the device or smart phone is physically broken prior to sending Form B to Elastic Care, then please retrieve a different Lifepath-C monitoring package and continue clinical order with the new package.
4. If it is physically broken while usage, please call Elastic Care service center and follow as instructed.
|Q15||Can the Wearable Medical Monitor be used when the patient is moving within the hospital?|
|Ans.||1. Yes, the Wearable Medical Monitor can be used while the patient is moving (walking within the hospital settings). |
2. Please ensure that the smartphone is carried with the patient while on the move and that there is a valid Wi-Fi connection available at all times.
3. Make sure that correct Wi-Fi credentials are entered into the smart phone if there are different Wi-Fi credentials in different areas of the healthcare setting.